District Energy – Cost Benefits
Connection to the District Heating Network includes some capital cost to cover supply and installation of insulated pipework, and the plate heat exchanger to sit within your premises. However, cost savings will be gained over a relatively short period.
Main cost savings of connecting to the Nottingham District Energy Scheme:
- 40-year equipment life-expectancy
- Minimal servicing/maintenance required
- Energy is classed as renewable and exempt from Climate Change Levy
- Premises’ connected to our network install heat exchangers rather than boilers.
* These are nearly 100% efficient, meaning fewer units are required to provide the same amount of heat than with a gas system.
To investigate whether it would be financially beneficial to connect your site to our scheme, please contact our Business Development team.