EnviroEnergy Privacy Notice
Your data matters! – How we look after your data
EnviroEnergy collects holds and processes a considerable amount of information, including personal information about its customers, to allow it to provide services effectively. EnviroEnergy recognises that this information is important and that it is responsible to the customers for the information it holds about them. As such, it takes seriously its responsibilities under the General Data Protection Regulation 2016/679* and the Data Protection Act 2018*.
EnviroEnergy is a data controller. This means that we have to look after all the personal information we collect and use and make sure that we do this appropriately, correctly and safely.
If you require general information about the General Data Protection Regulation and the Data Protection Act 2018, information is available on the Information Commissioners website at: www.ico.org.uk
What is personal data?
Personal data is information relating to an identifiable living individual. It includes information such as a name, address, telephone number, date of birth, bank details and information held about a person in case files. Whenever personal data is processed, collected, recorded, stored or disposed of it must be done within the terms of the Data Protection legislation.
Is some of my information “special”?
Yes! Some personal information needs more protection due to its sensitive nature. Information that relates to a particular characteristic such as racial or ethnic origin, political opinions, religious beliefs or philosophical beliefs, trade union membership, genetic data, biometric data (for example, finger print evidence), sexual life , criminal record, prosecutions and medical data.
At EnviroEnergy, we do not collect any special data.
For more detailed information about what is personal data please see the Information Commissioner’s office at: www.ico.org.uk
How do we use your personal data?
Enviro Energy collects, holds and uses personal data to allow it to provide services on behalf of its customers. These services include providing heating and power to our customers.
We process personal data for the following purposes:
- For the performance of the contract
- To allow EnviroEnergy to be able to communicate with you and provide services appropriate to your needs
- To ensure that EnviroEnergy can meet its legal obligations, around the prevention and/or detection of crime, and equal opportunity Health and Safety, etc.
Using your personal data- Ensuring that we maintain high standards
Whenever it collects, holds or uses personal information, EnviroEnergy is committed to ensuring that it will:-
- Recognise that we handle and hold personal data on behalf of individuals
- Adopt and maintain high standards in respect of the handling and use of that personal data
- Only collect, hold and use personal data where it is necessary and proportionate to do so
- Keep personal data securely and will destroy it securely when it is no longer needed
- Not unnecessarily and without good reason, infringe the privacy of the citizens of Nottingham
- Consider and address the privacy risks first when planning to use or hold personal information in new ways, such as when introducing new systems
- Make it easy for individuals to access and correct their personal information and be open with individuals about how we use their information and who we share it with
- Ensure that there are effective safeguards and systems in place to make sure personal information is kept securely including having a robust data strategy to protect against any disasters as well as malware, hacking, etc.
- Train our staff to properly handle personal information
- Apply appropriate financial and human resources towards looking after personal information to make sure we can live up to our promises
EnviroEnergy may disclose personal data to third parties, but only where it is necessary, either to comply with a legal obligation, or where permitted under the General Data Protection Regulation and the Data Protection Act 2018 e.g. where the disclosure is necessary for the purposes of the prevention and/or detection of crime or in order to comply with a legal obligation.
EnviroEnergy will strive to ensure that any personal data in its care will be kept safe and that where your information is disclosed to a third party, EnviroEnergy will seek to ensure that the third party has sufficient systems and procedures in place to prevent the loss of personal data.
How do we protect your personal information?
We have a data protection policy which can be accessed on our website which explains how we look after your personal information. We also have lots of practical measures to protect your information such as:
- Providing regular training for staff to make them aware of how to handle your data safely and in accordance with the data protection legislation
- Having a clear desk policy
- Having clear policies and guidance for staff
- Encryption of sensitive electronic communications such as e-mails
- This means that the information is hidden and cannot be read without a password
- Regular testing of our IT equipment and keeping up to date with regular security updates
How long can we keep your personal information for?
We only keep personal data as long as it is necessary to do so. Sometimes there is a legal reason why we must keep the data for a certain period.
If you would like to see how long your information is kept for you can click on the following link to get more detail, please email a request to EEdata.firstname.lastname@example.org
What are your Rights?
- You can ask for access to the information we hold on you known as a personal information request
You are legally entitled to request access to any records held by EnviroEnergy about yourself. If you would like to request a copy of your personal information please complete this form:
If you would like to exercise this right please contact the EEdata.email@example.com
- You can ask to change information that you think is inaccurate
If you receive a copy of your information and you find that any information is inaccurate you have the right to ask us to correct the information. We may not always be able to change or remove the information but we will correct factual inaccuracies and add supplemental comments. In some cases we may also record your comments to show that you disagree with information held about you. Whilst EnviroEnergy tries to ensure that any personal data it holds about you is correct, there may be situations where the information it holds is no longer accurate. If this is the case, please contact us so that any errors can be investigated and corrected. You can also make an application to the EEdata.firstname.lastname@example.org to ask for any inaccurate information to be rectified or if you think your information is incomplete you can ask for a supplementary statement to be added to give an accurate picture.
EnviroEnergy will try to ensure that all records are accurate and up to date.
- You can ask for your information to be deleted
You have the right to ask for information to be erased although this is not an absolute right. If your data is no longer necessary for the purpose for which it is collected you can ask for it to be erased. Again, where possible, EnviroEnergy will seek to comply with your request but there may be some situations where it will not be able to do this, e.g. where EnviroEnergy is required to hold or process information to comply with a legal requirement.
Where your personal information has been shared with others we will do what we can to make sure they also comply with your request for erasing the information for.
If you would like to make this request please contact the EEdata.email@example.com
4. A right to request restriction of processing
Also, you have the right to ask EnviroEnergy to limit processing in certain circumstances. For example, where you have contested the accuracy of information held about you or if EnviroEnergy no longer needs the information, although again there are exceptions. For example, we may need to hold or use your information because we are required to do so by law. If this request is approved this may cause delays or prevent us from delivering a service to you. For further information please contact EEdata.firstname.lastname@example.org
- Right to object to processing of data
You have the right in some circumstances to object to EnviroEnergy processing your personal data. Where possible, EnviroEnergy will seek to comply with your request but there may be some situations where it will not be able to do this, e.g. where EnviroEnergy is required to hold or process information to comply with a legal requirement, or where deletion of this information may cause delays or hinder EnviroEnergy’s ability to provide services to you. The right to object only applies in limited circumstances and for more information please contact EEdata.email@example.com
Right to request portability of your data to another provider
You also have the right in certain circumstances to get a copy of your information in an electronic form and re-use it with other service providers. This right only applies to information processed by automated means or information obtained by consent from you. For further information please contact EEdata.firstname.lastname@example.org
Data Protection Officer
The Data Protection Officer for EnviroEnergy is Naomi Matthews and she can be contacted at the following address: EEdata.email@example.com
You can also contact the Data Protection Officer at: EnviroEnergy, 12 London Road, Nottingham NG2 3AB
For more information regarding data protection issues you may wish to contact the Information Commissioners Office (ICO) at firstname.lastname@example.org
You can also contact the Information Commissioners office at: Information Commissioners office, Wycliffe House, Water Lane, Wilmslow, Cheshire, SK95AF
For more information about the ICO visit: www.ico.org.uk
Changes to this privacy notice
Enviro Energy encourages you to periodically visit our web site to review this notice and to be informed of how EnviroEnergy is protecting your information. EnviroEnergy will continually review and update this privacy notice to reflect changes in our services and feedback from service users, as well as to comply with changes in the law. When such changes occur, we will revise the “last updated” date at the top of this notice. This privacy notice was last updated in April 2018. If you do not have access to a computer or printer and you would like a copy of our latest privacy notice please write to EnviroEnergy, 12 London Road, Nottingham, NG2 3AB and we will send you a paper copy of our latest privacy notice.
*Please note that the General Data Protection Regulation and the Data Protection Act 2018 will not come into force until the 25 May 2018.Until that time the legislation is the Data Protection Act 1998.